Monday, November 3, 2014

Whew.

This frequent blogging thing was tougher than I thought. But I will press on. I will prevail. I will be the recipient of some new thunder wear. 

It's not that I don't have things to say even. It's that I have so many things to say, and not easy things always. They take thought and fleshing out and contemplation. 

In fact, here's a list of half written, half thought through blog titles sitting as drafts right now, just to prove I'm trying. 

1. Orphan Sunday
2. Chitenges
3. Be you
4. Love chapter
5. Window Wednesday- Matilda
6. Interns 2014
7. Bailey

Since I can't just end there but I don't have it in me tonight to flesh out a whole though, and since orphan Sunday was yesterday and the latest draft, let me just cut it down to some bullet points:

-It was yesterday.
-I  had no idea until I saw it on someone's Facebook.
-I laughed to myself because that seems like something I should know. 
-Over here every Sunday feels a bit like Orphan Sunday. 
-I'm grateful for people that care and advocate and bring issues like orphan care to the forefront of conversations. 
-I'm especially grateful to you all who help give our babies life and healing through your prayers and donations. 
-I'm proud of the way so many of you are loving the motherless and fatherless right where you find yourself, in whatever school or city or country. 
-It's beautiful to know so many of you who parent the children God's given you so well. And that your kids don't have to know what it would be like to be an orphan because they have you. 
-I'm humbled by the way my Zambian friends love the orphan so well. 
-I have a lot to learn. 

Just picture that written cohesively and eloquently, and let's call it a day, shall we? More to come when I get my act together. 

And here's a pic, just because I love y'all. It's a happy, smiley, growing Memory! God has done a lot of healing in her since she got back from the hospital, and we're so grateful!  

No comments:

Post a Comment