Sunday, October 19, 2014

The dad everyone deserves

I have the dad that every child deserves to have but very few actually get.

The one who thinks you can do no wrong, while at the same time making sure you're properly disciplined. 

The one who puts himself second so his kids can have what they need. 

The one who tells you every time he sees you that you're more beautiful than the last time. 

The one who does the little things for you. Like filling your car with fuel, washing your car, vacuuming your car out. 

The one who is proud of who you are, even if you're not the best at everything you try. 

The one who invests in your friends and knows and loves them because they're important to you. 

The one who you know is so proud to call you his. 

The one who lets you know that you couldn't ever, ever do anything that would make him stop loving you. 

I've long stopped asking God why He's blessed me the way He has in so many ways and learned to just be grateful for the huge, immeasurable gifts I've received. I know I'm able to know God better because of who my dad is to me, and that's the greatest thing I can say about my dad on his birthday. 

I'm so glad I got the dad that every kid deserves to have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment