Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Language School- Day 17 and a dead bat

Ahhh, well one bat down, a hundred to go. I told one of the groundsmen about the one just hanging out right in my living space and refusing to leave, and he came right in and attacked that thing while I screamed and hid my eyes.  It was horrible and hilarious all at the same time. So, I still hear bats all around but can't currently see any, so life is good! 

As for school, I'm starting to get sad that it's almost over. I mean, that feeling will pass I know :). It's just so nice to have had this time to give this my full attention and to learn from someone so wise. 

Today we revised many things that desperately needed it and practiced lots of different potential conversations with new tenses and vocabulary. Ba Mwiinga just kept shaking his head and saying, "I'm just proud of you." 

Today he was reading some passages out of one of his books, and he kept cracking himself up! It was making me laugh so hard, even though I had no idea what he was laughing about because I couldn't understand the passage! It's just so great to be around someone who is so happy and positive all the time. I want to be that type of person. 

Three more days... the end is in sight!
 
          My long-gone roommate 

2 comments:

  1. This bibliophile will want to know more about your teacher's book--poetry, short stories, essays, study of culture, language textbook?? What a great relationship between the two of you and so conducive for learning...he invites learning, demands attention to the details of language and knows how to laugh with you.
    Blessings abounding here...for both of you.

    How can this be day 17?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this book is a reader he wrote when he observed so many students in secondary school struggling with comprehension. So it's a collection of stories and questions. His others are books of Zambian proverbs, history of the language, gardening book even!

      Delete