Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Garden

I'm sure this post will be of interest to about two people, but I'm just so excited about how well our garden is doing! Dillon, the man who tends the garden, does an incredible job! Here's just a sampling of what's happening in my back yard...

Cabbage Patch

Purple Hull Peas

The beginnings of the strawberry patch

Pumpkins, which have already been turned into loaves of pumpkin bread.

The second batch of lettuce is coming in.

Green Beans

Carrots

Okra

Watermelons!

Maize

Tomatoes

Lemon Tree (the lemons are green here!)

Sunflowers to remind me of home!

Papaya tree

Mango trees
It's so fun to see what new treat there is to eat every day. A big thank you to Linda King for supplying me with such a great variety of seeds to start my garden!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the garden!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! I'm preparing my seed order, are there any I could order to send for Mr. Dillon to try?

    ReplyDelete