Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Goodbye

After a hard-fought life, Aumbi died late Friday night. She arrived back in Zambia late Thursday night, and she was doing well when she arrived. Late Friday afternoon she seemed to have developed a lung infection. We were blessed to be able to hold her and love on her again before she died.

We are at a loss for words, obviously. When we have times where nothing makes sense and you don’t feel like you have any answers, I guess the only thing to do is to cling to what you do know. We know God values life, and we know it’s important to Him that we fight for little ones who have no one else on earth to fight for them. Please pray especially for the Murphy family that took Aumbi into their family and loved her intensely until her last moments. Love is always a risk, and they are wrestling with all of these feelings and emotions in a new way now.

Thank you to all of you who followed Aumbi’s journey and who prayed with us along the way. She was blessed by you, as I hope you’ve been blessed by her. She was a little life-changer—I wish you all could have met her.

4 comments:

  1. I am so, so sorry. Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so sad to read this. There are a lot of heart warrior angels welcoming her in to Heaven. Praying for you all to have comfort.

    Brandi

    PS If her foster family (hope that is an ok term to use) wants to have some other heart angel families to talk to, I will be happy to tell them about some groups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart breaks over this. I'm so thankful that this life here on earth is not all there is; that we have something more to look forward to. I'm praying for the Murphy's and for you as well. I know this is so hard.
    Mindi

    ReplyDelete