Monday, September 10, 2012


 
We're about to leave for Lusaka with our resident darling, Aumbi. Aumbi just turned one year last week, and we praise God that He’s given her life and blessed us immensely with her.
Aumbi has Down syndrome and 3 holes in her heart. She’s also finished a course of treatment for tuberculosis. Breathing well is a daily struggle for her right now. She is currently on medications for her heart condition, but early Tuesday morning we will meet with a cardiologist to decide on the next course of action. Please pray for us as we travel, pray for wisdom in our decision making, and wisdom in the doctor’s treatment of her. Pray that Aumbi’s little body does okay on the trip to the big city, about 5 hours away.

Also while in Lusaka, we plan to check out a special home for Busiku, another precious life God has blessed us with. She is somewhere between the age of 6 and 10 and has severe cerebral palsy and microcephaly, a genetic condition causing her head and brain to have retarded growth. She has been at the Havens for a year, but the older she gets, the more we see a need to find a place for her to have more consistent therapy and treatment which we just don’t have access to in Kalomo. There are a couple of options of schools, so we’ll meet and see what we can do to best serve her.
 

Thanks for loving our babies and praying with us!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Meaghan! I am so glad you posted something about Aumbi! I have been praying my little heart out since I received your email last week. I wanted to email you to check on her, but I knew you had sweet Adam on your mind. I take it that the meeting with the family went well. I will continue to pray for you and Aumbi on your travels. She is a fighter and I pray that the good Lord wraps his arms around her and provides the strength and health she needs. I also will be praying for Busiku! She worries me often, and I believe that she would benefit from a home that could provide the needed services. Bless you Meaghan and please keep me updated!

    ReplyDelete