Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Helen

I have so much to update you all on now that I'm back, but life has kind of taken a stand still for a couple of days as we're fighting for Helen. She had a really good few days, but she's taken a rough turn and is staying a few more days with me at home to see if we can help turn her around.


I've been so thankful that Harding brought with them Louisa, Katie Daggett, and Janice Bingham, 2 PAs and a nurse practioner. They came over last night and worked for 3 hours to get an IV started in Helen's fairly non-existant veins, and Janice finally succeeded at about 1 in the morning (on her birthday!). She said getting that IV in sweet Helen was all she needed for her birthday that day. Without these three and their expertise, Helen would have been struggling even more than she already is and I'm not sure what I would have done. Helen showed her appreciation for their help by simply being the most precious thing there ever was.



Now Helen has a feeding tube in as we attempt to make her "eat" and start picking up nutritionally. She is 4 months old and weighs only about 6 pounds.

One of my favorite scriptures to pray over our sick little ones is Psalm 118:17, which says, "I will not die, but live, and tell of the works of the Lord." Please join us in praying that Helen will live and grow up to testify of what the Lord has done in her life.

4 comments:

  1. We'll be praying for Baby Helen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying! Asking Jesus to wrap her in His arms, equip those loving and caring for her, and to bless so many through beautiful Helen and her life. Praying for her healing and the brightness ahead of her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you, honey, and I pray for YOU daily...God bless Helen with full health!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for everyone! What a beautiful precious baby!

    ReplyDelete