Monday, May 14, 2012

Well, the time has come for me to move back to Zambia. Almost ever person I have told that I'm moving back says, "I can't say I'm surprised!" It seems that when I came back to the States, I left a huge part of my heart half a world away. It's hard to live with your heart in two places.

When I moved back to America, I wasn't sure what the future would hold. I did know that my time in Zambia was not over. I knew that I needed to rest, regroup, heal. And as the last couple of years have played out, it has become increasingly evident to me that God has a plan for me. He created me to be a mother to his motherless children, and so I'm going back.

Lord willing, I plan to return to Zambia this August to continue the work I was doing before. I would love to use this blog as a place to keep people informed about what God is doing in the Havens, to give people a glimpse into our everyday lives, and to stay connected with my family and friends.

I have so much more to share, and I'm excited to keep you posted along the way as I make my journey back to Namwianga.

4 comments:

  1. Bless you for being Jesus to these little ones...love you Meagan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, I just "met you" through your friend Jenae, and your heart has captured mine. I have an eight year old who already knows God has created her to care for orphans "when she grows up." My girls never play a game of "house' without saving orphans and lining up all the dolls in our home and making sure each one is "adopted." We would LOVE to pray for you and the beautiful children you will care for back in Namwianga. Blessings to you, Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos that are on your blog and that your friend shared about you say it all. Pure joy radiates through your smile in each and every photo. Those orphans are so blessed to have you, and you are so blessed to have found your calling in life! Many more blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan,
    I have been to Namwianga Mission in 2005. We stayed with Wellington and Ireen Mwanza. He was the Head Master at the High School at the time.
    Bless you for what you do for the little children.
    My nephew in law and his daughter visited there in 2009 I believe.
    My husband I have been blessed to come to Zambia 3 times(me) 4 times for him. Lord willing we will travel there again in July of 2012.
    We work in the Eastern Province-Chipita.
    I will be praying for your work and health. I know God will do great things for you and through you.
    Prayers and Blessings for you.
    Shelia

    ReplyDelete